It’s almost frightening the amount of good writing news I’ve had lately.
- Knowing When to Leave awarded the silver medal in the 2018 florida Books Awards Young Adult Category
- Death and an Abscess won 3rd place in the WOW Women on Writng Creative Non-fiction essay contest.
- Anne McKee Artist Fund grant to help with professional editing for draft of When the Time Comes (Knowing when to Leave Book 2.)
- Awarded the 2019 Richard Heyman award for Literary Excellence by the Anne McKee Artist Fund.
- Fellowship to attend the Martha’s vineyard Institute of Creative Writing in June based upon my short story Keep Quiet, and Everything will Be Okay.
Daily, I am shocked, honored and grateful. Then I recall 2016 when I was rejected for absolutely everything I applied for. Then I go back to write and apply more.
Rejection is relative.
I do not know what to do or where to go with novel #2. I have 40,000 words in some order but not much punctuation or paragraphs. I’ve been working on the first five pages, of one section-there will be other first five pages coming–but I hesitate to show it to anyone yet.
Part of the problem is my physical space-where to physically be while writing? I have no room of my own. I do not even have a table all to myself. Is that an excuse? Or is my head just fogged with this congestion? throat sore, nose running, head swimming. Maybe I could cut myself a break…?
Write on-after rest!
After taking an amazing workshop with Jennifer Brody I am back excitedly working on When the Time Comes (Knowing When to Leave Book 2).
I’ve also stepped up my submissions since January 1st, I have six pieces out for consideration. Actually, make that five since I received my first rejection of 2019 yesterday, from Glimmer Train. You can’t win if you don’t play. So I will be resubmitting “The Line” somewhere else this week.
Write on Kristina!
Writing writing writing. Started on Knowing When to Leave book 2 but have been distracted by memoir.
So little time-so much to write!
And I will (try to ) start here! Coming soon–weekly updates. Trying to keep my self accountable to me and my writing.
It’s November and I am novelling.
Lost 2 cats and a few houses so far, but getting ready to gain a year… Number 5-0 right around the corner.
I will write as if no one will ever read it.
I will write for me.