It’s hard to NOT think of this as bragging. but I worked hard for each of these accomplishments…
- Short story Squall, first place Midnight Mind contest, published in Key West: A Collection, 2000
- Short story Lipstick, first place Writes of Spring Competition, 2014
- April 2017, awarded an Anne McKee Artist Fund grant to publish debut novel Knowing When to Leave
- 2018, 2nd place Tennessee Williams short story contest for Keep Quiet, and Everything will Be Okay.
- Knowing When to Leave awarded the silver medal in the 2019 Florida Books Awards Young Adult Category
- April 2019, awarded Anne McKee Artist Fund grant to help with professional editing for draft of When the Time Comes (Knowing when to Leave Book 2.)
- April 2019, awarded the 2019 Richard Heyman award for Literary Excellence by the Anne McKee Artist Fund.
- Spring 2019, Death and an Abscess 3rd place WOW Women on Writing Creative Non-fiction essay contest.
- June 2019 Martha’s Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing Fellowship based on short story Keep Quiet, and Everything will Be Okay.