It’s almost frightening the amount of good writing news I’ve had lately.
- Knowing When to Leave awarded the silver medal in the 2018 florida Books Awards Young Adult Category
- Death and an Abscess won 3rd place in the WOW Women on Writng Creative Non-fiction essay contest.
- Anne McKee Artist Fund grant to help with professional editing for draft of When the Time Comes (Knowing when to Leave Book 2.)
- Awarded the 2019 Richard Heyman award for Literary Excellence by the Anne McKee Artist Fund.
- Fellowship to attend the Martha’s vineyard Institute of Creative Writing in June based upon my short story Keep Quiet, and Everything will Be Okay.
Daily, I am shocked, honored and grateful. Then I recall 2016 when I was rejected for absolutely everything I applied for. Then I go back to write and apply more.
Rejection is relative.